The Virtual Reality Challenge
Trailer for the Udacity VR Developer Nanodegree Program that many students will be using during the competition.
Google, Hackers@VT and Entrepreneur Club at Virginia Tech are coming together to host the first VR competition of its kind. The goal of this competition is to get students comfortable and confident developing new skills. We want to bring students from varying VR skill levels together to build new ideas and learn from each other. Whether you're a business major, computer science major, designer, or artist, we'll help give you the resources and community to develop your own VR application. With that being said, here's what the competition will look like:
- Create a team of up to 5 students
- We will give your team a Google Cardboard and a handful of Unity and Google Cardboard SDK tutorials
- You spend the next 5 weeks building whatever you want
- At the end, your project will be judged and awards will be given by Google engineers
- Cheers! You're now a master at VR/AR development. Now go start something!
- Best Overall
- Best Technical
- Best Market Potential (Most downloads on the Google Play store)
- Most Creative
There will be over $1,000 in prizes given out, and the categories will be judged by Google engineers, local VR community members, and Hackers@VT and E-Club hosts.
We've compiled a bunch of tutorials ranging from YouTube videos and websites we found helpful to formal online courses like the Udacity VR Nanodegree. Check them out down here:
We'll continue to add tutorials as we hear about helpful links.